Army OCONUS Clearance (Overseas Screens)
All Soldiers requesting dependent family travel for OCONUS travel (to include Alaska and Hawaii) must have their family member’s medical records screened by the EFMP clinic, IAW AR 608-75.
Your EFMP OCONUS screen appointment is to ensure that all Family members who will potentially be traveling OCONUS with their sponsor will have access to all required medical and educational needs.
If you live more than 60 miles from Womack Army Medical Center (WAMC), and WAMC is the nearest Military Treatment Facility to you, you may conduct your OCONUS screen telephonically. We will require the documents listed below, a MEDCOM Form 756 to allow us to communicate via email, and a CHCS Registration form so that you may be registered into our electronic health record system prior to your screen.
Prior to booking your appointment you will need to:
1. Bring a copy of your DA Form 5888 (Family Member Deployment Screening Sheet) to the EFMP office to be reviewed for completeness and accuracy. You may not book an OCONUS screening appointment until your DA Form 5888 has been signed by a representative from Military Personnel Division (MPD). Only MPD and EFMP staff are authorized to sign the DA Form 5888. No “white-out” is acceptable.
2. Ensure that all traveling Family members have had a physical exam within the past 12 months. This has to be a comprehensive health assessment, and may be any well child, well woman, or annual physical. If the physical exam is performed at a non-military facility only, please have the provider complete the EFMP Overseas Screen Physical Examination Form.
For your appointment, you will need to bring:
1. Copies of all medical records from non-military medical treatment facilities.
2. All children who have not yet entered kindergarten.
3. All traveling Family members age 18 years and older.
4. If applicable: DD Form 2792 (EFMP Medical Summary).
There is a list of EFMP enrollable conditions at the EFMP office and on our web site – please review this list to determine if you may need a DD Form 2792.
The DD Form 2792 must be completed by a medical provider, and is required for Family members who meet any of the following criteria:
- REQUIRE treatment by a specialist (to include pediatricians and internists)
- Have a serious, life threatening condition
- Have been treated for a mental health condition within the past 5 years (includes counseling and/or medication prescribed by any type of medical provider)
5. If applicable: copies of IEP/IFSP/504 Plan (to annotate any special education and school curriculum modifications).
If applicable, a DD Form 2792-1 (EFMP Special Education Summary) must be completed by your child’s school or Early Intervention Program if they are on an IEP or IFSP. Educational enrollment is not required for 504 plans, but the EFMP office needs a copy to review.
At your appointment, you will also need to complete a DA Form 7246 (EFMP Screening Questionnaire) and a MEDCOM Form 756 (Authorization to Send and Receive Medical Information by Electronic Mail). You may complete these in advance if you desire.
It is essential that you arrive 15 minutes early to complete screening questionnaires. At the appointment, we will review your screening questionnaires and your medical history to determine if you meet criteria for enrollment in EFMP. When the screening process is complete, our staff will give you a copy of your clearance paperwork, to include an EFMP authenticated (signed/stamped) copy of the DA Form 5888. We will also scan and send a copy of the clearance packet to Personnel Reassignments Branch for further processing.
Womack Army Medical Center EFMP:
Location: Main hospital building, 5 South.
Phone: 910-907-3367 Fax: 910-907-8752
RETURN TO TOP