Army OCONUS Clearance (Overseas Screens)
The objective of EFMP is to assess, document, and code the special education and medical needs of eligible family members and forward these coded needs to the military personnel for consideration during the assignment process. The purpose of the screening is to identify family members with any medical, educational or mental health needs that may not be available in certain overseas areas. Policy
All Soldiers requesting dependent family travel for OCONUS travel (to include Alaska and Hawaii) must have their family member’s medical records screened by the EFMP clinic, IAW AR 608-75.
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) Checklist for Overseas Screening
You must return the forms listed below to complete the overseas screening process. Please note that if the first six items are not fully completed at the time you present for your EFMP screening appointment, your appointment may have to be rescheduled.
- DA 5888 with Part A, #1-7 completed by the Soldier/Family member and Part A, #8 by the Service Member’s Military Personnel Division representative.
- MEDCOM Form 756 (Authorization to Send and Receive Medical Information by Electronic Mail)
- DD Form 2870 (Authorization for Disclosure of Medical or Dental Information)
- DA Form 7246 (EFMP Screening Questionnaire) to be completed by sponsor or spouse on ALL dependent Family members requesting travel. Please sign and date.
- Physical Exam: A physical exam within 12 months of your overseas screening appointment is required for ALL Family members. If Family members have received physical exams within the past 12 months at Womack or Womack affiliated clinics at Fort Bragg and surrounding areas, EFMP screeners will be able to access those records via the Womack electronic health record system. You will need to provide a hard copy of physical exams performed at any non Womack affiliated clinics, however.
- All sponsors with children age 5 1/2 (66 months) and below will need to complete the appropriate Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQs). Please report at least 15 to 20 minutes early for your appointment to have enough time to fill them out before being seen.
- DD Form 2792 (EFMP Medical Summary) to be completed by Health Care Provider, IF APPLICABLE, for Family members for whom EFMP enrollment is warranted. A list of many medical conditions requiring EFMP enrollment is included in this packet. If the Family member’s current EFMP enrollment requires updating, give a copy of your current PERnet EFMP enrollment paperwork to your Health Care Provider. This document will be provided to you when you schedule your EFMP Overseas Screening (OSS) appointment. The adult Family member reviews and signs after it is completed. Please note that this form must be completed in its entirety prior to being processed at your OSS appointment, to include all demographic information and medical provider signatures.
- DD Form 2792-1 (EFMP Educational Summary) must be completed by school personnel for all children who are receiving services via an Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) or Individualized Family Services Plan (IFSP). The adult Family member reviews and signs after the form is completed.
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSP) must be provided for each Family member who has one.
After the above forms have been completed and returned, they will be reviewed and authenticated by at your appointment with the EFMP Clinical Nurse and/or EFMP Medical Director. If you have any questions about this process or how to complete the forms, please feel free to contact us at (910) 907-3367.