Infectious Disease Clinic
Provide expertise in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases with the goal of improving medical readiness of the US Army and individual patient health of DoD beneficiaries.
Located within the Internal Medicine Clinic at Womack Army Medical Center, the Infectious Disease Clinic specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and management of infectious diseases for adults (>18 years old) in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Comprehensive care of HIV-positive Department of Defense beneficiaries is available by appointment for established patients or by referral for newly diagnosed beneficiaries.
Additional areas of expertise include evaluation and management of post-surgical and orthopedic infection-related complications, latent and active tuberculosis and infections with multi-drug resistant organisms. The Infectious Disease Clinic frequently works in collaboration with various departments including Preventive Medicine, Occupational Health, Allergy/Immunology and Soldier Readiness to provide pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis for infectious diseases and immunizations/chemoprophylaxis for deployment and individual travel.
Additional Services Provided:
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) clinic (please call 910-396-1770; for
messages please specify "For PrEP appointment" and leave name and contact number. Your call will be returned within 24 hours)
- Outpatient antibiotic therapy including intravenous therapy
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
Management of infectious complications of immunocompromised individuals
such as those with malignancy or rheumatologic disease
Antibiotic stewardship program
- Outbreak investigation (through collaboration with the Departments of Preventive Medicine and Infection Control)
- No walk-in's are allowed at this time
- Initial appointments are by REFERRAL ONLY
- PrEP appointments will be at the Epidemiology and Disease Clinic located at 1-2539 Randolph Street, Ft Bragg, NC 28310
- Follow-up appointments will be scheduled during visits or can be scheduled by contacting the Internal Medicine Clinic at 910-907-8385.