Gynecology-Oncology - GYN Cancers
The Gynecologic Oncology Service of Womack Army Medical Center provides comprehensive, cutting-edge care for women with gynecologic cancers or other complex pelvic pathology. Our patients are supported by highly trained physicians and ancillary staff in all aspects of care –from first diagnosis to follow up care. We employ state of the art minimally invasive surgical techniques when possible including the latest da Vinci® Surgical System platforms. This results in precise surgery and often shorter hospital stays and recovery time. Innovations in other surgical techniques make fertility preservation an option for some patients with a cancer diagnosis.
In addition to surgery, we ensure our patients are offered the most up to date and evidence-based cancer treatments. Our affiliation with the Gynecologic Oncology Group and affiliate regional hospitals and other military treatment facilities allow us to provide a variety of clinical research opportunities for our patients.
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal pap smears
- Treatment of pelvic masses
- Treatment of all gynecologic cancers including gestational trophoblastic neoplasia (GTN), ovarian, fallopian tube, endometrial, primary peritoneal, cervical, vulvar, and vaginal
- Genetic counseling and prophylactic surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic and DaVinci (robot-assisted) surgery
- Second opinions
- Chemotherapy and referral for Radiation Oncology if indicated
Once you have your referral, please contact our administrator / scheduler at 910-907-9270
Patient Info Links: