Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

FAQs Microsoft Word Document and Phone Directory

General Questions

How can I get a copy of my Birth Certificate?

Birth certificates are not part of the medical record.— If you were born in the United States, your state of birth maintains these records. Check the Web site of that state or the state government pages of a local phone book for information on vital statistics.— If you were born overseas in a military facility to at least one parent with U.S. citizenship, the U.S. Department of State should have a record of your birth. Visit the State Department for full information on how to make your request, what information to include and payment of associated fees.

How can I locate my Medical Records?

Requests for medical records of care in a U.S. Army medical treatment facility vary according to your circumstances. Refer to the National Personnel Records Center.

What information can you provide on DOD's program to immunize military personnel against anthrax?

Information is available at the DOD Anthrax Vaccine Immunization Program.

What information can you provide on DOD's program to immunize military personnel against smallpox?

Information is available at the DOD Smallpox Vaccination Program.

What is HIPAA?

HIPAA is the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996. HIPAA contains new privacy standards designed to protect the confidentiality of medical information. HIPAA regulations prohibit a "covered entity (MACH/any member of its workforce)" from using or disclosing "individually identifiable" health information. Health Information Privacy...Know Your Rights. The Notice of Privacy Practices (NOPP) you received or may receive in the mail explains how the Military Health System (MHS) may use and share you personal health information. Read your NOPP and know your rights. At your next MTF visit, you will be asked to sign a medical record acknowledgement label confirming that you have received the Notice. If you do not receive your NOPP in the mail, you can get a copy of the Notice from Womack Army Medical Center.

Tricare Questions

Is there a TRICARE Handbook?

The TRICARE Handbook is available online only. Please visit the TRICARE Management Activity website . Enter the website as a Beneficiary and complete the profile to ensure that you obtain information for your beneficiary status (TRICARE Standard or Prime, Active Duty or Retired, Sponsor or Family Member, etc).

WAMC Questions

How do I find information about prescriptions & refills?

Information about the Pharmacy Department can be found by clicking on the Pharmacy link within the Departments/Services section on the left of the site.

How do I get an appointment?

Information about making or cancelling an appointment with your PCM can be found by clicking on the Appointment Information link within the Customer Service section on the left of this site.

I'm interested in working at Womack Army Medical Center. How do I apply?

All medical positions are listed on a centralized site at the U.S. Army Civilian Personnel Online website under a separate listing for Medical Positions. Please click on the Employment page within the About Womack section on the left.

Office of Special Counsel

How do I file a complaint of Prohibited Personnel Practices (PPPs) to the office of Special Counsel? 
Prohibited personnel practices (PPPs) are employment-related activities that are banne​​d in the federal workforce because they violate the merit system through some form of employment discrimination, retaliation, improper hiring practices, or failure to adhere to laws, rules, or regulations that directly concern the merit system principles.